Girls need sneakers, cleats, a colored mouth guard, protective eyewear, a girls lacrosse stick, and a pair of black/navy leggings and/or bike shorts. Helmets are not mandated and are optional.
Equipment can be purchased at any store (retail or online) that sells lacrosse equipment. Each year, we have a special Dick's Day where our Wings families receive a special discount and assistance in choosing the right equipment for the game. This information will be posted on our Facebook page and in our monthly Newsletter, so please be on the lookout during the February/March time frame.
The fee covers the cost of facility and field rentals, officials' fees, team equipment, uniforms, tournament fees, coaching clinics/training, Basic Life Support and AED training, and our coaches background checks.
New players can purchase uniforms during registration. For returning players, we are reusing the 2018 uniforms. If you need to purchase a new size for either the pinnie or skirt, it can be purchased separately at time of registration.
WLA is now offering a payment plan option. Please see registration details for the terms of the payment plan. Additionally, Wilmington Lacrosse has funds set aside to assist families. We do not want the cost of this sport to prevent young athletes from enjoying this game. If you need financial assistance, go to "Downloads" located in the left column of the Homepage. Print the Financial Assistance doc, complete, and mail!
EARLY SEASON (March) applies to 3rd Grade - 8th Grade
- Our early season schedule will be posted on the Home Page.
- Weeknight practices during March will be determined by facility availability and the weather (which is usually touch and go, so keep a close eye on your emails and the website). We will have 1 weekday and 1 weekend practice during the month of March.
- Indoor play location: Maplezone Sports Institute FIELDHOUSE, 1451 Conchester Highway
Boothwyn, PA 19061.
IN SEASON (Apr-May) applies to Kindergarten - 8th Grade
- K-2 practices 1 weekday.
- 3/4, 5/6, & 7/8 will practice twice a week April through May.
- WLA participates in the Pennsylvania Area Girls Youth Lacrosse Assoc. (PAGLA). Games are played on Saturday and/or Sunday, but mainly Saturdays. We may also coordinate intrasquad (Wings vs Wings) games.
- Each team will participate in 1 Tournament or Playday (excludes K-2nd Grade).
- Early Season Schedule will be listed on our website in November.
- Please make sure your contact information is listed for all necessary parties that require these updates. It is crucial that this information is in there or you will miss out on important practice and game information.
- The April and May practice and game schedules will be available online (on your daughter’s team page) once the teams are formed in mid-March.
Besides membership offerings like Lacrosse Magazine and access to the US Lacrosse convention, US Lacrosse provides insurance coverage (beyond personal coverage) to our young athletes and their coaches. This coverage is a mandatory requirement for the facilities that we use and for all tournaments, clinics, and camps. Athletes must join or update their US Lacrosse membership before registering to play with Wilmington Lacrosse. US Lacrosse has adopted an age verification system, which includes a review of the birth certificate or other legal documents to confirm a players birth date.
Coaches need to be informed regarding ALL health issues. You can also make a note on any health concerns at the time of registration. We recommend that athletes give their team manager an inhaler marked with their name, to be kept in the team first aid box. In addition, athletes must bring an inhaler to each practice and game.
Spring weather can be fickle. We do not play in a downpour, but we DO play in light rain. Play will be suspended in a heavy downpour and/or with the threat of thunder and lightning. Please check the HOME page of this website for practice/game cancellations. Decisions are made by 4 pm on a practice day. It is imperative that your contact information is updated and accurate. If a field is not canceled, your coach may still decide not to play so please check your email on inclement weather days too.
Once the teams are formed, please download the SI Play (Sports Illustrated) APP on your mobile phone. This app will keep you up-to-date on any practice or game changes.
- PRACTICE: Check the home page of this website. Your coach will email and/or post a notice on your team page by 4:15 PM before a 5:45 PM practice if there is a schedule change. Please be forewarned that it can be beautiful at 4:15 --- but when you arrive at practice, the skies open up! Your coach will use their best judgment in these circumstances.
- GAME: Games may be canceled because of the weather and/or because the fields are saturated and unplayable. Please check your team page before EVERY GAME. The field or time for your game could be changed or a game cancelation notice could be posted. Often, the decision to cancel is not made until early game day. In this situation, a cancellation notice on your team page will be posted NO LATER THAN TWO HOURS before your game.